Our client, a global digital and print communications company, are looking for a Senior Financial Accountant to join their growing team.
As Senior Financial Accountant for this Global Digital/Print Communications business, you will add huge value to the Finance function to aid their day to day operations and future growth.
- Preparation of monthly consolidation, cash flow reporting, acquisition accounting, impairment reviews and lease accounting
- Proactively manage any developments in IFRS and ensure the group is consistently up to date in its accounting policies and adoption of such standards and being the lead on complex accounting issues;
- Preparation of group statutory financial statements and tax reporting
- Key point of contact for external auditors, managing the timely flow of information between the audit team and the wider finance team to ensure deadlines are held
- Managing the relation with external tax advisors
- Ownership of management fee recharges process
- Supporting M&A team with accounting knowledge
- Collaborating with the FP&A Director and Divisional Financial Controller on budgets and forecasts, including financial modelling.
- Developing working capital metrics reporting for group including forecasting monthly run-rate targets to help influence actions and focus areas for year-end targets.
- Preparation of presentations for executive management and Board meetings.
- Provide performance analysis for the Group and answer ad hoc queries.
- Ad hoc project work to support business
Skills & Background
· Experience of owning a financial long-term plan at a group-wide level, incorporating detailed monthly integrated Income Statement, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet.
- Strong understanding of IFRS reporting requirements and interpretation of new standards;
- 5+ years’ experience of working in an accounting professional services firm.
- Experience of building complex models from scratch in a fast-changing finance environment with multiple sensitivity outputs to help plan against a diverse range of potential outcomes and scenario testing to understand planning pinch points.
- Experience of working directly for executive management teams with end-to-end responsibility for production and review of financial information being presented.
- Clear and confident communicator who is able to demonstrate understanding of complex financial data and present insights and summary findings in clear and simple formats.
- Ability to make the ‘complex’ simple.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Location: Remote with European travel