Our client, a Global Print Communications business is looking for a Financial Accountant to join them in either their London or Huntingdon office for a 12-month FTC.
As the Financial Accountant, your focus will predominantly be to assist the VAT team, providing support with financial accounting. The finance team are responsible for several central accounting functions in a growing and dynamic environment.
You will be a self-starter, highly organised and able to juggle your focus and time across multiple initiatives. You will need to be comfortable with ownership of the P&L and Balance sheet for tier areas of responsibility and experience of job costing and P&L analysis would be an advantage. The ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders will be a key measure of success.
- Supporting tax compliance activities across Europe and EMEA, including the preparation, and oversight of VAT tax returns.
- Completion of monthly VAT reconciliation on a timely basis.
- Providing active support to Sales teams during the bid management process, assisting in the design of compliant and tax-effective cross-border supply chains.
- Understanding Incoterms and their impact on indirect tax obligations.
- Understanding customs borders and duty implications.
- Capable of handling EU VAT/ROW GST registrations as needed.
- Managing relationships with tax advisors worldwide and seeking timely advice when necessary.
- Training and supporting junior members of the team.
- Supporting the Financial accounting process by processing accounting transactions relevant to the Financial Accounting Team, and creating and processing accounting journals to support the production of accurate and timely accounts.
- Completion of Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations with supporting documents
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Experienced Financial Accountant with 3-4 years experience
- Qualified or CIMA, ACCA or ACA part qualified in later stages of exams
- Demonstrable experience working within a similar Financial Accounting role in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel experience.
- A good knowledge of Navision BC.
Please note that this is a 12-month fixed-term contract, where you can work in either the London or Huntingdon office on a hybrid basis.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
£45,000 - 50,000
Location: London or Huntingdon