Are you looking to develop your experience and knowledge in the Health & Safety arena?
If so, our client, UK’s leading card manufacturer has an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Specialist to join their team.
As the Health & Safety Advisor, you will be working with the relevant teams to improve the company’s current health and safety systems to bring improvement and change. You will be responsible for the management and implementation of all policies and overall responsibility for all aspects of the company’s operation.
- Developing and maintaining up to date policies and procedures, which ensure that the organisation is up to date and continually developing its health & safety strategy
- Support the development of a strong health and safety focused culture and promote good safety behaviours
- Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and consider all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
- Promote company values in all dealings with all stakeholders
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry
Required skills & qualifications:
- IOSH and other relevant H&S qualifications
- Health and Safety experience within, manufacturing, engineering, and logistics.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Drive to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
This is a permanent, office based role, located in Rayleigh, Essex. Please only apply if you have the relevant experience and are happy to work in the office 5 days per week.
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Location: Rayleigh, Essex