Our client, a global investment bank, is looking for a new member to join their Due Diligence team in London.
Are you interested in working in fraud prevention for a Global Investment Bank?
Do you love working with clients and a fast-paced environment? This could be for you, this is a great opportunity to join the team in London, initially on a 6 – 9 month contract.
Our Client is looking for an experienced KCY Operations Analyst. Working in the Due Diligence team you will play a key role in safeguarding the Firm’s reputation. By verifying the identity of our high-net-worth individuals and families our team helps prevent identity theft, financial fraud, money laundering, and terrorist financing.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed upon, every new product launched or market entered, and every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Client Due Diligence maintains a responsibility with an ever-increasing level of attention and impact on the Private Wealth Business. You will obtain a comprehensive knowledge of our business and the risks that it faces. This Anti-Money Laundering function forms an integral part of our business by working to identify solutions that balance the business, client, and regulatory needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to constantly apply sound business judgment in order to identify unusual or suspicious documentation or activity.
- Develop a profound understanding of Client Identification Program (CIP) policies involving country specific requirements and translate this knowledge to day-to-day responsibilities.
- Satisfy the responsibility for completing detailed reviews of documentation for new and existing clients, including legal agreements and organizational documents.
- Engage in opportunities to review processes, analyze information, make decisions and recommendations and implement and monitor procedures.
- Becoming commercially aware and understand the nature of the business you are involved in while at the same time ensuring all company CIP standards are constantly being met.
- Displaying a strong ability to influence the PWM Business by serving as a liaison between Anti-Money Laundering Compliance and Sales teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 – 2 years of work experience in Operations or related field
- 1 – 2 years of work experience in Finance or related field
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word
- Candidate must be proactive, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good understanding of the financial industry
- In-depth knowledge of legal documentation preferred (e.g., trust agreements, partnership agreements and corporate resolutions)
- Paralegal experience is a plus, but not required
- Compliance and/or regulatory experience is a plus but not required
- Series 7 and/or 63 is a plus but not required
Please note you will need live and be able to work in the UK to be considered for this role
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.