Our client, a leading communications company, is looking for an Automation Team Manager to join their growing team in Sunderland.
We are looking for someone who good understanding on maximising automation processes, has a passion for seeking to automate as much as possible at the best possible throughputs and quality rate. Understands how brilliant regular preventative maintenance translates into brilliant automation performance. Takes a pride in the automation that they manage and can transfer that pride to their team.
- They will work in accordance with defined Company Policies & Procedures and be aware of both the Security and the H&S responsibilities to themselves and to others.
- They will manage, lead and engage with the team that supports their achievement of individual and team key performance indicators.
- Hold engagement session to gain buy in to the site’s daily, weekly and longer-term operational plan.
- Motivate, guide, and recognise their team to exceed KPIs and create a positive culture where their team feel supported, coached and when needed appropriately performance managed.
- Hold constructive One-to-Ones and appraisals with agreed activity that optimises both individual and team performance. Within this they structure and execute development plans that supports personal growth and feeds into the site succession plan.
- Professionally executes HR processes when needed, in line with Company Policy
- Ensures that current SOPs are accurate, up to date and in line with the related KPIs.
- Adheres to operational deadlines.
- Ensures all MI data is recorded accurately in line with required timescales. Interpreting available MI, including forecasting and trends to resource effectively.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of the operational processes amongst team members and that as such processes are conducted to a high standard.
- Support the completion of effective Quality Control checks and proactively manage any Risk Controls that have been designated to their role.
- Drives down customer dissatisfaction by resolving NC’s to a standard that eliminates any possibility of a repeat instance.
- Ensures all mandatory training and compliance is completed.
- Liaising with machine suppliers and internal technical stakeholders on the set up of new jobs, introduction of new automation?
- Experience of working with automation preferably sortation equipment, high speed scanners and letter openers
- Experience of compliance with Data Protection and GDPR.
- Experience of managing and motivating a team to achieve required targets.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Experience of people management and development.
- Able to analyse information and report upon its content.
- Demonstrates previous levels of accountability and reliability.
- Promotes a positive working environment and able to resolve conflict.
- Strong demonstrable leadership skills
- Excellent communication, written skills, and attention to detail
Please note that due to the high volume of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Devonshire is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.